Cat & Genny Training – 1 Day
Location and Avoidance of Underground Services or Cable avoidance training (Cat and Genny training) will teach you how to avoid underground cables and pipes whilst excavating roads and pavements
A high proportion of hands on demonstrations and practical exercises, supplemented with classroom based tutorials. A comprehensive training hand out pack will be included. Assessment will be by written test paper and observations during the course.
Delegates should provide their own personal protective equipment, including, hi-vis jacket, gloves, protective footwear, safety glasses and hard hat
On completion of the course, delegates will be issued with a certificate of attendance that is valid for five years.
- Reasons for using locators – both safety and financial
- Theory – covering both the benefits of the system and the limitations of this cat and genny technology.
- Practical work – hands on locating using receiver, transmitter and accessories.
- Feedback, questions / answers, application and techniques, general care and maintenance of equipment.
- Simple ways to locate street lighting cables.
- Location of bends.
- Location of junctions.
- Identification of utilities.
- Service Connections.
- Locating through concrete reinforcing.